Looking ahead to 2012? Well, if you’re in any way connected to Delaware agriculture, here are a few “Save the Dates” coming up quick:
- January 16-21, 2012 – Delaware Ag Week, Delaware State Fairgrounds, Exhibit Hall
- Now in its 7th year, this is a great chance for women and men connected to agriculture to come together.
- January 20, 2012 – Friends of Ag Breakfast, 7:15 am, Harrington Fire Company
- This event is held in conjunction with DE Ag Week.
- Governor Markell and Senator Tom Carper will be speaking.
- January 26, 2012 – 41st Annual Delaware Agricultural Industry Dinner, 5 pm, Dover Downs
- This tradition began in 1971. I always look forward to the annual award given to a long-time local farmer.
- And I got a little tip from our DE Secretary of Ag, Ed Kee, that the U.S. Secretary of Agriculture, Tom Vilsack will possibly be attending and maybe the key-note…..!?
Click on the links above for more info. You may also find more posted soon on Delaware Department of Agriculture Facebook page or possibly the Delaware Agricultural Industry Dinner Facebook page (?).
Hope to see you there!!!